FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Tony Bell, Communications Deputy
Office: (213) 974-5555
Cell: (213) 215-5176
SUPERVISOR ANTONOVICH SPONSORS SUMMER BEACH BUS TO SANTA MONICA -- ANTELOPE VALLEY
May 18, 2010—Offering Antelope Valley residents a convenient, low-cost way to spend the day at the beach in the summer months, Supervisor Michael D. Antonovich will once again sponsor the Summer Beach Bus service from the Antelope Valley to Santa Monica. The Beach Bus will operate from May 31st to September 6th on Tuesdays, Thursdays, Saturdays, Labor Day and Memorial Day.
The Summer Beach Bus service costs $6 per round-trip for children and adults. For senior citizens (age 60 and older) and people with disabilities, the service is $2.00 per round-trip. Children under 12 years of age must be accompanied by a fare-paying parent or guardian.
Passengers can board the Summer Beach Bus at the following locations and times. (Note times may vary depending on traffic)
BUS TO SANTA MONICA BEACH
Lancaster City Park 8:40 a.m. (on City Park Dr.)
- Palmdale Transportation Center 9:00 a.m. (at the AVTA bus stop zone)
- Santa Monica Beach 10:50 a.m. (by the pier)
BUS TO ANTELOPE VALLEY
- Santa Monica Beach 3:30 p.m. (inside the pier parking lot)
- Palmdale Transportation Center 5:25 p.m. (at the AVTA bus stop zone)
- Lancaster City Park 5:40 p.m. (on City Park Dr.)
For additional information please visit (888) 769-1122 or visit www.lagobus.info.